The evolution of America’s police K9 industry has been remarkably fast-paced over the past 30 years. The availability of quality working dogs and the diversity in training techniques have significantly changed, improving the overall performance of America’s police K9s. However, the industry was lacking in one important area: quality K9 record keeping. In 2011, we, Andrew Weiman and Jeff Barrett, saw this need and the PackTrack record keeping system came to life.
We wanted PackTrack to be focused on 5 fundamentals that the K9 industry was lacking:
- Capture the correct data about training and deployments that helps prove K9 team reliability
- Capture data that helps shape future training agendas
- Capture data that shows K9 productivity for the individual handler and the entire K9 unit
- Make it easy to use and yet versatile enough to share training information across agency lines
- Keep the cost low without any hidden fees or costs for upgrades
Being experienced K9 handlers and experts in the field, it was easy for us to create a canine record keeping system that was effective and straightforward for our own use. When we started PackTrack, we put a lot of creative ideas together, but we also solicited hundreds of other K9 handlers from across the country for their great ideas. Just as our K9 industry is always evolving and growing, PackTrack remains flexible as we continue to implement quality ideas from our members. PackTrack is the fastest growing K9 record keeping system in the country and our members make it the best because we are all invested in its continued growth and diversity. We thank you for the effort and support that contribute to making PackTrack the best product on the market.
Andrew WeimanPackTrack Co-Founder
Jeff BarrettPackTrack Co-Founder